Beating my Muse with a Keyboard

My life as a writer and a polyamorous free-range kinkster.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

I am a Fashion Design Student, at Mesa Community College. I want to change the relationship most of us have with clothes we wear. I am married to my husband Cinder, and we with live his other husband, our daughter, dog and three terrapins in Tempe, AZ.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coming out of the poly-closet.

So I am polyamorous. I do believe that it is possible to successfully love more then one person at the same time. I know that the key to any successfully relationship, poly or mono is honesty and communications.

I have lived a monogamous lifestyle for the past ten years, Kelly was a monogamous woman, and I respected that. I enjoyed my life with her, but that is over and I have to go on.
I lived in a poly-relationship before I met Kelly. That relationship, a triad, ended; although we were still roommates when I met Kelly. That relationship was not as planned and probably would have been helped greatly by both better planning and better communication.

I know there are poly-groups in the Phoenix area, but from what I have been able to find they all meet on the on the weekends and in the far southeast valley, inconvenient and difficult to get to.


To that end I have started Phoenix Polys. The groups mailing list is at Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PhxPoly, there is also a Twitter channel at www.Twitter.com/PhxPolys. We will be having our first meeting at the Genghis Grill at the Tempe Marketplace on Tuesday September 16th. So if you are polyamorous, poly-curious or just poly-friendly. Come and join us (or just me) for a good meal and some conversation.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Well done for stepping out of the closet! It can be a scary step to make, but I am proud of you for doing it.

If you need any support, or just someone to listen, feel free to catch me on gtalk or msn (my email addy is used for them both, and is on my profile).

xx Dee

8:55 PM  
Blogger C.A. Sizemore said...

I might take you up on that offer of support, we shall see.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Taj said...

I must say I admire your honesty. Regardless of the type of relationship one prefers, it all boils down to honesty and communication.

Everyone is so wrapped up in labels that we tend to forget the most important basic: love. How you find that love is your business as long as it also brings you happiness.

(Found you via Twitter!)

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home