Beating my Muse with a Keyboard

My life as a writer and a polyamorous free-range kinkster.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

I am a Fashion Design Student, at Mesa Community College. I want to change the relationship most of us have with clothes we wear. I am married to my husband Cinder, and we with live his other husband, our daughter, dog and three terrapins in Tempe, AZ.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fun and frustration.

Day 1 as a full time motorcycle rider.

Today I needed to run a couple of errands, pay some bills etc. My first stop was the Post Office, other then random stalling at lights and stop signs; I made it with out any problems. Leaving the Post Office I almost dropped Syrne. I forgot to practice leaving drive ways, doh.

My next stop was SRP's local office; I made it there with out a problem leaving on the other hand was another matter. I flooded the engine trying to keep her running, again with the doh.

It took me 20 minutes to get her restarted, ugh. My errands done I had lunch at On the Border, meh. My last errands were a stop by Wally-World for a smaller lunchbox and a movie. Wall-E was very good, funny and fewer kids then Hulk.

On my way home I was cut off twice by the same cow in a minivan. Both times she was just trying for a better spot at a red light. The Bitch also almost ran into the back of another motorcycle. There are times I really want to be a cop, or mount a video camera. Tomorrow I'm going to be at the Slice of Sci-Fi recording. I think I need a long drive to get truly comfortable in the saddle.

I really enjoyed riding my bike today, even cussing as I sat on the side of the road waiting for the fuel to evaporate.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger blob said...

If there's one in the area, I highly recommend taking the MSF's Basic Rider Course. It's state-subsidized here in Ohio, so it was $25 for a few hours of class room and two days on the range on their bikes. At the end, if you pass the MSF course, again in Ohio, you get your license. There's no additional state test. And some insurance companies will give you a break for having taken it.

I learned a lot and got comfortable with a motorcycle very quickly.

Very, very much recommended.

7:21 AM  
Blogger C.A. Sizemore said...

Yeah, I have to call them this afternoon, as far as I can see they don't offer week day courses in the state. Let alone Phoenix-Metro area.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home